Thursday 29 November 2012

How do you like your eggs?




How do you like your eggs?  A friend of mine asked me and got me to thinking…
How DO I like my eggs?  No really do you know?    Have you even tried all the different kinds of ways to have your eggs?  Or do you think you know your favourite kind of eggs because that is how you usually have them?  Do you have them scrambled because that is how your best friend likes hers or poached because that’s how your mum made them for you growing up?  Have you even tried them fried?  Have you even thought of… deep breaths… an omelette with bacon and feta?


In our frantic lives do we actually take a minute to ask ourselves these kinds of questions?  Do we actually ever take the time to get to know our selves a little better?
Travelling has always kept me raw and challenged to my core.  It rids me of all securities and makes me question who I am and what I actually want myself.  It is a blessing to be totally anonymous and alone in a new and unfamiliar space.  To be out of my comfort zone and without recognition of one face in the crowd.  To be unrecognizable myself.  To be disconnected from work, family, friends, and the ins and outs of our daily lives.  It really is a sobering moment in a raw place, a place perhaps we all need to find in order to be able to make any big decisions about our lives and where we want to go and who we want to become.   I just have to find out a way to do this without the pricey airfares. 

However you do it, take time out and get to know yourself a little.  And decide how you actually like your eggs.  Hell, you might just want to rather order the pancakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment